Monday, October 8, 2007

Mozza Pizzeria


Wowwy wowwy. I love a good crispy thin pizza pie with a thick chewy crust. This place knows how to make a delicious gourmet pizza. The toppings aren't your regular pedestrian mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. These pizzas are interesting. Like the Squash blossoms, burrata & tomato pizza or the White anchovy, tomato & hot chiles. And how about a pizza with clams on top! This small and stylish modern pizzeria by culinary trailblazers Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joseph Bastianich makes pizza into an art form. It's unique and avant guarde. And the tapas style antipasta choices are equally delicious. Like the crusted goat cheese on beet greens. Or the thin prosciotto slices. Or the very popular fried squash bottoms stuffed with warm ricotta. And damn, if you don't fight the desire to order two of these desserts all to yourself. I had the pumpkin gelato pie and really really wanted to order the butterscotch bordini too. You can't go wrong with this menu. You feel like whatever you order, you end up the winner. You've chosen the right dishes! I can not wait to make my way through every item on this menu. I highly recommend Mozza Pizzera. My only complaint was that the service was on the very slow side. Other than that, a delightful meal. Located on 641 N. Highland Avenue at Melrose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this review! I keep seeing a line outside this place, and I keep wondering if it's worth the wait. I'm gonna make myself a reso.